Cranberry Ginger Apricot Chutney
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the red onions and cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the grated ginger, diced apple, and black peppercorns.
- Mix and continue cooking until the apples have softened, another 5 minutes.
- Then add the cranberries, apple cider vinegar, apricot jam, and lime juice. Cook and reduce until it the mixture becomes juicier and takes on a thick sauce-like consistency, about 15 to 20 minutes.
To serve, scoop the warm cranberry chutney into a serving bowl and top with lime zest. Or keep refrigerated for up to week. It makes a wonderful host or hostess gift as well.
- Calories 50
- Carbohydrates11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g
- Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 4 mg
- Potassium 94 mg
- Calcium 11 mg
- Phosphorus 13 mg