Cranberry Ginger Apricot Chutney
1/4 cup per serving
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (3-inch piece of ginger root, peeled and grated)
- 1 cup apple with skin, finely chopped (about ½ of a large apple)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 10 oz (2 cups) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about ½ medium lime)
- - Lime zest, garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the red onions and cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the grated ginger, diced apple, and black peppercorns.
- Mix and continue cooking until the apples have softened, another 5 minutes.
- Then add the cranberries, apple cider vinegar, apricot jam, and lime juice. Cook and reduce until it the mixture becomes juicier and takes on a thick sauce-like consistency, about 15 to 20 minutes.
To serve, scoop the warm cranberry chutney into a serving bowl and top with lime zest. Or keep refrigerated for up to week. It makes a wonderful host or hostess gift as well.
- Calories 50
- Carbohydrates11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g
- Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 4 mg
- Potassium 94 mg
- Calcium 11 mg
- Phosphorus 13 mg