Roasted Onion Garlic Pizza
- Pre–heat oven to 350 F
- peel garlic
- place the cloves on foil and spray with olive oil
- cover tightly and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes
- The cloves will be tender. Peel and slice the red onions
- place on a baking sheet, spray with olive oil, and stir before placing in the same 350° F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the onions about every 15 minutes.
- Bake until tender and they turn a rich dark color.
- Roasted garlic and onions can be prepared up to 1 week prior and kept in air–tight containers in the refrigerator
- Soften the yeast by mixing the yeast with ¼ cup warm water and let set for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing a bowl, add sugar, oil, rice milk (warmed to 100 to 105 degrees), 2 cups of flour and soften yeast
- Slowly add flour until the mixture forms into dough that pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl. Keep kneading the dough for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spray oil into a bowl, add dough, and spray the top of the dough. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rise until double about 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down, divide into 6 equal pieces and roll out into the shape of your pizza; smaller circles for thicker crust and larger circles for thinner crust.
- Spread the roasted garlic cloves on the dough, add the roasted red onions and sprinkle with Rosemary or thyme.
- Bake in a pre–heated 400° F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the dough is browned on the bottom and the top sides.
- Slice into 6 pieces and serve 3 pieces per person.
- Calories 180
- Carbohydrates 34 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
- Fat 3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Sodium 13 mg
- Potassium 116 mg
- Phosphorus 73 mg
- Calcium 55 mg