Indian Coconut Curry Chicken with Chopped Apples
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 1 large Golden Delicious Apples
- 13.5 oz vanilla almond milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1½ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 5 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, fresh
- 1½ tablespoon raw ginger root
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook until both sides are lightly browned. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add onions, red pepper and garlic to same skillet. Cook and stir until vegetables been to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add gingerroot, curry powder, chili powder, turmeric and cinnamon. Cook and stir for one more minute.
- Add coconut milk substitute, chutney, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Stir in chicken pieces and apples. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add cilantro. Simmer, uncovered for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot over a bed of basmati rice.
- Calories 348
- Carbohydrates 19 g
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Protein 40 g
- Fat 12 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Sodium 239 mg
- Potassium 557 mg
- Calcium 168 mg
- Phosphorus 332.7 mg