- In a heavy bottom pot, add vegetable oil, onions and celery and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken wings, water, poultry seasoning and sage.
- Simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Strain and save the liquid.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Remove from the refrigerator, scrape any solidified fat off the top and heat the liquid to a boil.
- Add white pepper and bouillon.
- Mix cornstarch and water into a slurry.
- Slowly whisk the slurry into the simmering liquid.
- It will thicken very quickly and keep stirring until you have reached your desired thickness.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
- Calories 43
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g
- Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 87 mg
- Potassium 111 mg
- Phosphorus 22 mg
- Calcium 23 mg